Get a Free Quote
Eco-Pro Construction provides professional installation of crawl space and basement dehumidifiers in homes throughout Maryland. Crawl spaces are notoriously damp, but they shouldn’t be. Humidity and condensation in a crawl space or basement is a recipe for disaster. Excess moisture leads to mold growth, wood rot, and foul odors, causing issues for your home’s health, air quality, and value. We specialize in determining the best dehumidifier for the space and work with only quality brands and products while still offering the best pricing. Our expert team of certified technicians get the job done quickly and efficiently.
If you suspect a moisture issue in your home, give us a call today. We offer complimentary inspections to determine the extent of the damage and make recommendations for a plan of action. Along with the inspection, Eco-Pro Construction LLC offers a no hassle, no obligation estimate for the complete installation of a quality dehumidifier.
How Does Humidity Affect a Crawl Space?
Warm, humid air rises and exits through upper windows and the roof, creating a vacuum in your home. In below grade crawl spaces, this void is filled with humid air drawn from the outside. Once there, this air condenses and leaves standing water before it works its way up and out of the home. Known as the stack effect, this process will worsen over time and create mold and wood rot while hurting your energy efficiency.
Why Should I Install a Dehumidifier?
There are several benefits from installing a dehumidifier in your home, basement, or crawl space including:
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
- They are not disruptive to your daily life and run quietly and efficiently in the background.
- Dehumidifiers help reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your home—getting rid of that “musty” or “rotting” smell.
- Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home.
- A less humid environment in your home means clothing dries faster, breads and cereals remain fresh longer without getting stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
Eco-Pro Construction LLC also offers crawl space hydrometers/RH meters to monitor the moisture levels in your crawl space. We usually recommend a dehumidifier in addition to another method of moisture control such as encapsulation.
Need a Quote?
Browse Our Website