How It Works!
Purpose Of Crawl Spaces
Many customers want to know, what is the purpose of a crawlspace. Traditionally, crawlspaces are built on homes lacking either a basement or that are not built on a slab. The primary purpose of a crawl space is to promote air circulation through the home and also allow easy access to plumbing, electrical and other such maintenance, repair and installation needs. Crawl spaces offer an expedient and efficient way to access pipes, substructures and a variety of other areas that may be difficult or expensive to reach otherwise. Older homes in areas where basements are rare have high foundations with crawl spaces that allow cooling air to circulate throughout the home.
Vented Crawl Spaces
- Crawl space encapsulation improves the air quality of your crawl space, which affects the entire home.
- Falling crawl space insulation? Cold floors during winter? You could be overpaying on your heating and cooling bill!
- Crawl space dehumidifiers alone are often not enough to handle damp crawl spaces. We install sealed vapor barriers, spray foam insulation, proper dehumidifiers, sump pump systems and specialize in waterproofing the crawl space. We also repair structural damage as well as remediation for any microbial growth in the crawl space.
- We also specialize in structural work, underpinning and other foundation repair. We’ve worked on all sorts of homes ranging
from historic homes to brand new construction.
- Recent research by Advanced Energy and others indicates that a new type of crawl space system, with NO vents to the outside, can provide greatly improved moisture control and significant energy savings when properly installed.
Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam, a spray-applied cellular plastic, is made by mixing chemicals to create foam. Those chemicals react very quickly, expanding on contact to create foam that insulates, air seals and provides a moisture barrier. When properly installed, spray foam forms a continuous barrier on walls, around corners and on contoured surfaces. It resists heat transfer very well and is an effective solution for reducing unwanted air infiltration through cracks, seams, and joints.
Browse our website
Images provided on this website are for personal, non-commercial use. Republication, retransmission, or reproduction of such images is strictly prohibited.